- PONY CLUB NEWSLETTER ADDED - PLEASE SEE ABOVE Lochhill Staff :-)
- We are now on facebook - Lochhill Equestrian Centre - please like our page for photos & up to date info The Lochhill Team
- PLEASE SEE EVENTS PAGE FOR DETAILS OF OUR EXCITING FORTHCOMING ACTIVITIES The Lochhill Team
- An extremely informative day. Well run, well looked after establishment. Friendly, caring owner and staff. Well behaved horses. J A
- Beautiful setting. Very helpful and friendly staff. The young girls were wise beyond their years! RS
- I visited Lochhill with my daughter as it had been recommended to me. The staff were very friendly and I really enjoyed my ride. I will definitely visit again. Karen M
- My very first time on a pony and I really enjoyed it. Hoping to come back in the summer for a loan a pony day. Thank you Shannon M.
- Thanks for a brilliant day. Mary C., Glasgow.
Lochhill Equestrian Centre
Lochhill Equestrian Centre was established in 1999 and is set in the heart of the beautiful countryside of South West Scotland. We offer a wide range of equestrian services for all ability ranges, from age 5 upwards. Lochhill is fully licensed and insured and is approved by the British Horse Society.
For those interested in learning to ride, or improving skills, we offer riding lessons either on a one to one basis or within a group setting. Our friendly, qualified staff will carry out an initial assessment of riding ability before recommending the best lesson plan for you. Sorry no children under 5 years of age are permitted to ride. We have a large, floodlit outdoor arena enabling us to provide lessons through the darker winter months, and a smaller indoor school for those days when the weather really is against us.
If you are interested in trekking our fully qualified and experienced staff can lead you on some super off-road trails through the beautiful countryside, some through forestry and some through open farmland. We have a wide variety of horses and ponies to suit all levels of riding experience and ability and are able to tailor our treks/hacks to meet individual needs.
If you are looking for a new home for your horse/pony, we can offer large, spacious American Barn style boxes in our livery yard with excellent grazing and off-road hacking facilities and access to our floodlit outdoor arena.
We offer a loan-a-pony scheme for those pony-mad children to enjoy a one-off morning or afternoon session covering all aspects of caring for ponies, including mucking out, cleaning tack and grooming as well as having a riding lesson and/or a trek. We also offer a longer term loan scheme which is a wonderful stepping-stone before purchasing your own horse/pony.